Michael Debono Ltd (MDL) is seeking to appoint an Accounts Officer to join the Finance Team.
Michael Debono Ltd (MDL) is part of the Debono Group, a multifaceted Group of companies with a keen focus on the mobility sector . The company aims to deliver business growth by tapping into innovation that really impacts the lives of consumers.
The product offering is composed of passenger and commercial vehicles, motorbikes, vehicle parts and accessories and aftersales services. The company also offers consumers a range of consumer finance solutions to fund the acquisition of their vehicles.
The Accounts Officer will be responsible for:
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other applicable accounting documents or records;
- Controlling and Processing supplier invoices ensuring appropriate level of authorization and accurate cost centre/expense code coding;
- Verifying suppliers accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions;
- Handling payments in an organised and timely manner, also keeping in consideration the credit terms allowed;
- Allocating payments appropriately against applicable invoices;
- Maintaining historical records by filing documents;
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts by providing the month-end accruals / prepayments;
- Maintaining regular communication with suppliers and service providers;
- Resolving queries from suppliers and internal colleagues;
- Additional finance tasks as distributed by the management team.
- A-Level standard of education, preferably with a pass in Accountancy or in the initial stages of ACCA
- Working knowledge of the Accounts Payable function
- Strong communication skills
- Organised and methodological
- Very good team player
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
The position is offered on a full-time permanent basis.
What We Offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Continuous development and mentoring
- Flexible working arrangement
- Health insurance
- Employee referral scheme
- Weekly breakfast
- Monthly treats
- Employee discounts
Interested applicants are to send their CV by email on [email protected] by not later than Friday 14th May 2021.