Data Scientist – Debono Group Innovation Lab
Debono Group is seeking to appoint a Data Scientist within the newly established ‘Innovation Lab’ unit. The Group’s Innovation Lab is primarily focused on conceiving new projects and experiments in line with the group’s vision.
Reporting to the Group CEO, the Data Scientist will be responsible for analysing statistical data, applying data mining techniques, and using the results to build moonshot projects with the team.
– Ensure the company has the right data set in place and is maintained regularly;
– Lead company efforts in undertaking data collection, processing and analysis;
– Presenting commercially meaningful information to help decision-making process aided by data visualization techniques;
– Work closely with the team to develop business models and opportunities aligned to the group’s goals.
Roles & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Formulating and leading multifaceted analytic studies against large volumes of data, identifying valuable data sources and automating collection processes;
– Interpreting and analysing data to discover trends and patterns;
– Ensure the right metrics are in place to monitor success of experiments/MVP;
– Building predictive models and machine learning algorithms;
– Presenting information using data visualization techniques;
– Anaylsing problems and determining root causes;
– Collaborating with engineering and tech development personnel.
The ideal candidate shall possess the following criteria:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields;
– 4 years’ experience in a similar role, including data mining;
– Understanding of machine learning and operations research;
– Proficient with one or more programming languages;
– Demonstrated experience applying data science methods;
– Experience utilizing visualization tools
– Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
– Analytical mind and commercial acumen;
– Ability to work will in a matrixed organization by building and leveraging relationships across the Company;
– Ability to work with a wide range of partners, including technology, operations, legal and compliance;
– Demonstrated ability in managing deliverables within stipulated timeframes; ability to cope under pressure and work proactively with limited supervision;
– Problem solving aptitude;
– Proficiency in MS Office applications;
– Valid clean police conduct.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together and cover letter to the HR Manager on [email protected] by not later than Friday 18th September 2020.