Financial Controls Manager
Michael Debono Ltd (MDL) is seeking to appoint a Financial Controls Manager to join the Finance Team.
Michael Debono Ltd (MDL) is part of the Debono Group, a multifaceted Group of companies with a keen focus on the mobility sector . The company aims to deliver business growth by tapping into innovation that really impacts the lives of consumers.
The product offering is composed of passenger and commercial vehicles, motorbikes, vehicle parts and accessories and aftersales services. The company also offers consumers a range of consumer finance solutions to fund the acquisition of their vehicles.
The Financial Controls Manager will be responsible for:
- Implementing and maintaining robust internal and financial controls
- Ensuring the Group’s accounting policies are aligned to IFRS and are fully implemented
- Updating and documenting of processes and procedures
- Monthly reconciliations and substantiation of the Balance Sheet, including all related party balances
- Regular follow through of debtors and impairment testing of assets held on the balance sheet
- Acting as a contact point with external auditors
- Owning and driving the Digital Transformation agenda from a Finance perspective
- Supporting the CFO with existing and new projects
- Coaching and training team members to upskill and improve individual and team capabilities.
- Qualified accountant with 3 years experience in auditing and / or a similar position.
- Experience in Transformation projects and Financial systems
- Working knowledge of a Group of Companies.
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Problem solving mindset
- Strong accounting technical knowledge, with a flair for controls implementation
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Able to work in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Proven track record of achieving milestones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to explain complex ideas and principles to a wide range of audience, from influencing senior stakeholders to junior team mates
- Ability to work in a cross functional team, whilst developing strong relationships and working collaboratively with and through others
- Clear ability to drive change
- Conversant with a variety of operational, accounting and reporting systems and packages
The position is offered on a full-time permanent basis.
What We Offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Continuous development and mentoring
- Flexible working arrangement
- Health insurance
- Employee referral scheme
- Weekly breakfast
- Monthly treats
- Employee discounts
How to Apply
Interested applicants are to send their CV by email on [email protected] or fill out the application below by not later than Friday 20th August 2021.