Marketing Strategist – Debono Group Innovation Lab
Debono Group is seeking to appoint a Marketing Strategist within the newly established ‘Innovation Lab’ unit. The Group’s Innovation Lab is primarily focused on conceiving new projects, experiments and pursuing innovative ideas and services that complement the group’s portfolio. The ultimate goal is to turn visionary ideas into moonshot projects.
Reporting to the Group CEO, the Marketing Strategist will drive Marketing initiatives from strategy to execution for all labs and will build brand awareness by driving internal and external communication efforts to key audiences.
– Conduct in-depth research to identify customer needs, new market opportunities and consumer preferences to support lab projects;
– Forecast market trends;
– Create solutions to help acquire or retain customers that can generate positive gross margin for the business;
– Research, craft and test value propositions
Roles & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Work with other members of the Innovation Lab to obtain and manipulate the data that will help create exciting business opportunities aligned to group’s goals;
– Work with other group members to create solutions which can be implemented in the core business or that might result in new businesses;
– Carry out market research, understanding where the market and customer needs are going;
– Keep abreast of potential disruptors in the respective fields;
– Generate innovative ideas to promote our brands and our products;
– Support the labs in conveying key messages and engaging internal and external stakeholders;
– Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, communicate with senior management about strategies and budgets;
– Prepare reports, briefings and presentations on strategic issues;
– Document key learnings and provide actionable recommendations / best practices.
The ideal candidate shall possess the following criteria:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and/or Communications;
– 4 years’ experience in a similar role (Marketing experience in an Innovation Lab would be considered an asset);
– Ability to think strategically and develop plans accordingly
– Superior interpersonal and communication skills;
– Ability to work well in an agile organization by building and leveraging relationships across the Company;
– Ability to work with a wide range of partners, including technology, operations, legal and compliance;
– Demonstrated ability in managing deliverables within stipulated timeframes; ability to cope under pressure and work proactively with limited supervision;
– Creative thinker;
– Proficiency in MS Office applications;
– Valid clean police conduct.
Interested candidates are to send their CV together and cover letter to the HR Manager on [email protected] by not later than Friday 18th September 2020.